Revit Family | BIM Content
Deliver accurate and parametric Revit Families/BIM Content in minimal file size, with Level of Detail (LOD) 100 to 500, a higher degree of visual fidelity and in the required file format (RVT, RTE & IFC)
Our Revit Family Creation Services include
Furniture | Foundation | Door | Window | Casework | Railing | Entourage | Ceiling | Stairs
HVAC | Pipe (Valve, Strainer, Hanger) | Duct Hanger | Air Terminal
Fan Coil Unit | Air Handling Unit | Diffusers, Registers, Grilles | Fire Damper | Fitting & Valve
Office | Living Room | Outdoor & Patio | Bathroom | Entertainment | Bedroom | Kitchen & Dining | Game Room
Switch & Socket | Distribution Board | Transformer | Fire Alarm Devices | Lighting Fixtures
Roofing | Flooring | Elevator | Doors | Paint | Finishes | Stone | Masonry | Siding | Walls | Windows | Stairs | Railings |Insulation | Landscape | Plastic | Metal | Glass | Wood & Timber | Concrete
Column | Steel Section | Connections – Mounting parts, Base plates, Gusset plates | Beam Section | Stiffener | Truss
Plumbing Revit Families
Pump | Valve | Fittings | Pipes & fixtures | Fixtures (Urinals, Wash Basins, Water Closet) | Devices- (Measuring devices, Gauges)
CCTV | Valve | Communication, Data & Network | Computer & Servers | HVAC | Water Supply Products | Fire Detection & Alarm Systems | Fitness Equipment | Food Service | Audio Visual Systems | Integrated Panel Systems
Our Revit Family Creation Services Focuses On
- Deliver the family with no warnings or exceptions
- Include standard types or type catalogs
- Organize data - types, instance shared parameters, materials, URL, etc.
- Aim to deliver family with a file size less than 1MB for ease of portability and website upload/download
- Include client requested Level of Detail (100 to 500) in the family
- Label the most important reference lines as "Strong Reference" while the rest as "Weak/No Reference"
- Deliver clean family file - purge anything unnecessary
- Build and test family in a version that is required i.e. Revit 2020/2019/2018 etc.
Download Infographics: Revit Family 101 & 201
Revit Family 101
Revit Family 201
Our Process to Create Revit Families
Create a new family file by selecting a .RFA (Revit family) file and a suitable family template.
Create Reference planes and Reference lines such as “Strong” or “Weak/No”
Set associated parameters, dimensions, & constraints to specify a parametric relationship
Select a reference plane, start generating geometry using the tools: Extrusion, Blend, Revolve, Sweep. Swept Blend and equivalent Void forms.
Lastly, flex the family to check if the parameters are working right and ensure it reacts the expected way.
Why Consider Revit Family Creation Services?
The biggest advantage of custom Revit BIM family or library is, any change to a family is updated and permeated throughout the project file where this particular family is being used. As a result, the biggest benefit is ‘Speed with Accuracy’ (along with the reduced cost of failure) for the project that can be achieved with Custom Revit Family Library.
It provides detailed information of a product or a component about its physical characteristics such as its geometry and visual graphical representation.
With our Revit Family Creation services, we can provide BIM Object/Content with required level of detail i.e. LOD 100 to LOD 500. For facility management, LOD500 is required which will have details such as manufacturer name, model name, serial number, purchase date, warranty, technical datasheet, product URL etc. through the “Identity Data”.
We can provide the Revit Family in following file format:
- .RVT (for Revit family)
- .RTE (for a standardized template)
- .IFC (for a compressed pdf version of the file)
Benefits of Revit Family Creation Services
Revit families are at the core of Revit, creating Revit Family is same as writing DNA code for an element. The biggest advantage of custom Revit BIM family or library is, any change to a family is updated and permeated throughout the project file where this particular family is being used. As a result, the biggest benefit is ‘Speed with Accuracy’ (along with the reduced cost of failure).
Our Design Practices While Developing Revit Families
Commonly found concerns
Through our best known practices we address the 3 biggest concerns associated with Revit Family:
- Stability – Revit family visually “falls apart” when switching between the Family Types.
- Dimensional accuracy – Revit family has incorrect dimensions such as length, width, height
- File size – Family file size becomes too heavy impacting project performance and file exchange
Good design practices that we follow
- Lean family template – develop custom “lean” Revit family templates to reduce overall file size
- Product variations – create a family type catalog (.txt) if product has more than 5 variations otherwise build the Family Types directly into the Revit Family
- File size – create lightweight families from scratch
- LOD – include 3 levels of detail: Coarse (LOD 100-200), Medium (LOD 300) & Fine (LOD 400-500) in family components
- Test –
- Visibility test – test a family within a Revit Workset – configured project to verify visibility, project performance and coordination
- Dimensional test – make sure every Revit family is dimensionally “flexed”
- Standards – embed industry standard metadata –
- MasterFormat Title & Number, OmniClass Title & Number,
- Assembly Code/Uniformat Classification Code,
- LEED Credit / Recycled Content Parameters,
- ADA / Barrier Free Certifications, ANSI, UL. etc