Scan to BIM Services|
Point Cloud Modeling Services
We deliver accurate and parametric as-built 3D BIM models and 2D CAD drawings with LOD 100 to 500 details to clients for their renovation/refurbishment, retrofit or reconstruction projects
Our Scan to BIM Modeling Process to Create a Revit BIM Model
Application of Scan to BIM
We understand what a well-executed plan takes for any Retrofit/Refurbishment, Reconstruction, and Renovation Project. All the data-driven decisions like planning, estimation, feasibility analysis, etc. are dependent on the accuracy of as-built model which is created from a Point Cloud Scan. A point cloud is a set of points that accurately represents the external & internal building surfaces which are used to create a 3D BIM model or/and a 2D as-built drawing. Our Scan to BIM services (Point Cloud Modeling services) is also applicable for Infrastructure projects like tunnels, bridges, roads, etc.
We have experience of developing both Revit (.rvt) and CAD (.dwg) files from different formats of scans or point cloud data usually captured by commonly used laser scan machines – Leica Geosystems, Trimble, Faro Scanners, Reigl scanners . We also convert other format data (i.e. .fls, .e57, .pcg. .obj, .ptg) into Revit-ready format.
Here are few projects where we provided Scan to BIM services
- Hotel Project 6-story building, 408 rooms, LOD 350
- Public School Project Mechanical Room, 2,564 sqft., LOD 350
- Paper Mill Factory Project Piping & Ducting, 11,000 sqft., LOD 200
Our Scan to BIM services includes following types of modeling
- Architectural which includes walls (exterior & interior), doors, windows, cabinets, etc.
- Structural which includes beams, columns, foundation, framing, annotations, truss families, etc.
- MEPFS which includes electrical panels, junction boxes, ducting, pipe systems, air terminals, fire sprinklers etc.
- Revit MEP design coordination to detect clashes in Autodesk Navisworks software
Benefits of Scan to BIM Services
At United-BIM, we have BIM modelers and CAD drafters who can accurately convert point cloud data into a 3D BIM model with required LOD and then to a 2D as-built drawings with dimensions, annotations, and layering.
All we require is a Point Cloud Scan and Revit or CAD Standard from our customers for us to deliver a 3D BIM model (.rvt) and/or 2D CAD (.dwg) files. We have also extended our service to collaborate with external laser scanning companies that accurately capture the as-built conditions of the building.
We promise to deliver: