Case Study - 4D BIM Construction Scheduling & Simulation
4D BIM Construction Scheduling for a school reconstruction project adhering to guidelines of the State of Connecticut.
- PROJECT NAME : 4D BIM Construction Simulation Services for a School Project in CT
- CLIENT : Construction Firm based in Connecticut
- INDUSTRY : A/E/C - Architecture/Engineering/Construction
- SERVICES : 4D BIM Scheduling, Architectural Visualization & 3D Rendering, and Revit BIM Modeling
- TOOLS : Autodesk - Navisworks, Revit, Civil 3D and Fuzor
According to the DAS BIM guidelines, the goal was to provide 4D Scheduling with precise information of building construction activities, schedules, and simulations.
- The Client - A Construction firm based in CT
- Client's Requirements: 4D BIM Construction Scheduling & Simulation adhering to the guidelines of the State of Connecticut.
- Project Deliverables - All model deliverables were handed over in their native format (i.e., .rvt , .pln) and in IFC format, .dwg and .dwf format, .nwd, .nwf, .nwc as required.
- Deliverable Requirements: Preparation of 4D BIM Construction Schedule with fully coordinated models and in their native formats
Our client wanted BIM expertise, on-time delivery and within the specified budget. We generated 4D BIM Schedule according to the BIM Execution Plan (BXP) by the Department of Administration Services of State of Connecticut.
- 4D BIM Construction Scheduling- Integrated model of Construction Phasing Modeling Schedule with the coordinated design model at 50% Design Development (DD) stage, 50% Construction Document (CD) stage and 100% Construction Document (CD) stage.
- Model Sharing and Handoff- Sharing of models with internal and external team members including Collaboration Platform, Model Exchange Schedule and License Template for external sharing.
- Milestones- BIM specific meetings and checkpoints at every phase (Project kickoff, Design, Construction, Sub-contractor engagement, and Closeout)
Project Skills & Expertise
The BIM authoring software used for the execution of this project were Navisworks, Revit, and AutoCAD from Autodesk’s 2018 AEC collection package. Dedicated BIM modelers worked in sync with the client’s requirements to deliver accurate 4D BIM Construction Schedules.
Read more about our BIM Services as per CT, DAS guidelines.
Download Infographic on MEP/Construction Coordination Workflow
This infographic gives you a complete picture of MEP/Construction Coordination that takes place at different phases of the building development process starting from the pre-design stage till the facility management stage. It highlights the Level of Detail information and inputs and outputs at each stage of the building design process.